About Me

My photo
I am a painter. www.StephenCefalo.com, http://twitter.com/#!/CefaloStudio

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Richard Luschek

I became friends with Richard Luschek while attending a figure drawing group that met at Carl Samson's Cincinnati studio. Those days are some of my best memories, and I miss those fellas. Richard is an incredible painter, and studied in New Hampshire with Paul Ingbretson, a student of Gammel. Richard is one of the funniest people I know, but with the kind of seriousness that makes a great painter.

Here's a link to Richard's blog.

I enjoy the effect of unfinished edges.






This gives me warm fuzzies. Actually all of his coffee paintings give me warm fuzzies.


A touching pieta.





I think this portrait is fantastic.




Gotta love ol' John Whitehurst.

I had a dream the other night that I was invited to a new figure drawing group that was held at Richard Luschek's studio, but there were so many rats in front of the door that I was scared to go in. It was probably because of this drawing. Actually he has a very nice studio. You'll see it in the picture below.


There are often reported sitings of Richard Luschek, and I had thought most of them to be bogus until he showed up on google street view. See more of these strange sitings here.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgf8PMuFba3bgSvzLnGxr0ibJyTX4K6d-ypi9GOWUHx3l42yP9nA1LmG4RA_EDimuiEdViHypOb4p_jZ17LNrD-4b_7Zw-eZvVchzVplPBiZpU5wQmoNJgtSL_hLldE496PvDp6mEQzl34/s1600/60536-bigfoot_s_discovered_fact_fiction.jpg
Luschek or Sasquatch? You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment