About Me

My photo
I am a painter. www.StephenCefalo.com, http://twitter.com/#!/CefaloStudio

Friday, December 10, 2010

Franz Von Stuck

Lately I have been looking for something severe in painting, and I am rediscovering the German symbolist Franz Von Stuck. We were both born in Bavaria on February 24th, but he was born 117 years before me.

His work is horrific, visionary, and considered barbaric by the experts. I find answers in his paintings.
Paradise Lost, Franz von Stuck
Paradise Lost




Wild Chase

lapetitebaobab:in-circles: Franz von Stuck

Judith and Holofernes


The Furies

The Inferno

Pieta



1 comment:

  1. Nice stuff. I had not seen most of these. I love his take on the sphinx. Some of these almost feel a bit like Degas.

    Plus you gotta like a painter whose name sounds like a verb.

    ReplyDelete