About Me

My photo
I am a painter. www.StephenCefalo.com, http://twitter.com/#!/CefaloStudio

Monday, August 1, 2011

"Contemporary Classicists: Graduates of the Florence Academy" in Fayetteville, AR





I heard about this show just in the nick of time, catching it two days before it closed.  I had never been to Fayetteville, but it was worth every minute of the three-hour drive.  Finally, it seems, contemporary classicism may be making it to the deep south.  The show at "The Revolver" (the coolest name I've heard for a gallery) in the Fayetteville Underground was put on by Maggie Ivy, a native of Little Rock and Fayetteville and a student at the Florence Academy.  I was glad to meet Maggie and Ellen Barker Soderholm, one of the other painters, who had flown in from Sweden.  I plan to join forces with Maggie somehow locally and hope to see more work of this caliber in Arkansas's future.  Below is some of the work from the show.

Ellen Barkin Söderholm


Kendric Tonn




Amelia Meredith

Zacheriah Kramer

Per Elof Nilsson Ricklund


Maggie Ivy


No comments:

Post a Comment