About Me

My photo
I am a painter. www.StephenCefalo.com, http://twitter.com/#!/CefaloStudio

Friday, March 11, 2011

Rory Coyne

A Chicago based painter, Rory Coyne and I seem to cross paths wherever we go, both in the real world and cyberspace. His unusual figurative narratives often feature some combination of human and bestial forms, but oddly enough this is not the first thing I usually notice about them. What interests me most is the evident joy that Rory takes in painting the human body and his dynamic compositions.




This is my personal favorite.  Many of his narratives are like children's  stories gone wrong.  I always love compositions in which a figure looks caught in the wrong reality.



Great.

I love the mysterious cropped out head and shoulders.  So awkward, but in a way that I enjoy.









No comments:

Post a Comment