About Me

My photo
I am a painter. www.StephenCefalo.com, http://twitter.com/#!/CefaloStudio

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Who Sits at What Table In the High Cafeteria of Art History?




Just a funny thought I had.  These are not personal insults against the artists themselves.  For goodness sake don't take this too seriously.  I'd love to hear your suggestions too.

Punks/Skaters:
Turner
Toulouse Lautrec
Van Gogh
Rembrandt
LePage

Goths:
Goya
Zurburan
Henry Fuseli
Von Stuck

Nerds/Geeks:
Pre-Raphaelites
The Hudson River School
French Academic Art

Metal Heads:
Albrecht Durer
Bosch
Grunewald
William Blake
Dore

Jocks:
Picasso
Jackson Pollock
De Kooning


Preppies:
Ingres
Raphael
Rococo
David

Detention:
Courbet
Caravaggio
Jan Steen
Hogarth

Rednecks:
Thomas Hart Benton

Stoners:
Franz Hals
Adriaen Brouwer


1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. Hilarious. I laughed for about 2.5 minutes.

    I would include Artemisia Gentileschi and the good ol' Caravaggio to the goth category.

    ReplyDelete